The Little Field Big Experience Promotion Official Rules
No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win.
A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the promotion period. Void where prohibited by law. All disputes will be resolved solely by binding arbitration and entrants waive the ability to bring claims in a class action format.
- Eligibility: The Little Field Big Experience Promotion (hereafter, “Promotion”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years of age and have reached the state of majority in their state or territory of residence (nineteen (19) years old in Alabama and Nebraska; twenty-one (21) years old in Mississippi as of April 2, 2019. To be eligible to participate in the contest portion of the Promotion (as further outlined below), entrants must be able to designate a local baseball/softball field of a local municipality or baseball or softball non-profit organization near entrant’s residence (“Designated Field”) that would agree to host the Grand Prize event (if entrant’s entry is selected as the contest Grand Prize winning entry). Employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents of The Scotts Company, LLC (“Sponsor”), MLB Advanced Media, L.P. (“MLBAM”, “MLB.com”), the other MLB Entities (as defined below), teamDigital Promotions, Inc. (“Administrator”), and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, governors, related entities, partners, partnerships, principals, licensees, sponsors, and advertising/promotion agencies and of all their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, “Released Parties”), and the immediate family members (parent, spouse, sibling, or child, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household of each such employee, officer or director (whether or not related) are not eligible to participate or win. The “MLB Entities” shall mean MLBAM, the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball (“BOC”), its Bureaus, Committees, Subcommittees and Councils, Major League Baseball Properties, Inc., the Major League Baseball Clubs (“Clubs”), The MLB Network, LLC, each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, any entity which, now or in the future, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the Clubs or the BOC and the owners, general and limited partners, shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents of the foregoing entities. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law, rule or regulation. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter or Facebook. By entering, you understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor and not Twitter or Facebook. The information you provide as detailed below will only be used for the purposes of this Promotion.
- Promotion Period and Dates: The Promotionwill consist of three (3) components: a standard entry sweepstakes (“Entry Sweepstakes”) open to all eligible entrants, a contest (“Contest”) open solely to six (6) randomly selected Sweepstakes finalists (as outlined further below), and a voting sweepstakes (“Voting Sweepstakes”) open to all eligible entrants. The Entry Sweepstakes starts at 12:00:01 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) on April 2, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on May 14, 2019 (“Entry Sweepstakes Period”) and will be divided into six (6) weekly entry periods (each, a “Weekly Sweepstakes Entry Period”) as indicated in the chart in Section 4 of these Official Rules. The Contest starts at 12:00:01 PM ET on May 23, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on May 31, 2019 (“Contest Period”). The Voting Sweepstakes starts at 12:00:01 PM ET on June 6, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 PM on July 4, 2019 (“Voting Sweepstakes Period”) and will be divided into four (4) weekly voting sweepstakes periods (each a “Weekly Voting Sweepstakes”) as indicated in Section 6 of these Official Rules. The Sponsor will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes.
- To Participate in the Sweepstakes: During the Entry Sweepstakes Period, you may enter when you visit www.mlb.com/scotts (“Site”) on your computer or mobile device, click on the applicable promotional banners, buttons and/or links to access the online entry form (“Entry Form”). Follow the instructions provided to fully complete and submit the Entry Form to receive one (1) entry in the Sweepstakes (“Initial Sweepstakes Entry”). If you choose to enter using your mobile device, standard data rates apply. Each wireless carrier’s data rate plan may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for information on data rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Promotion. Entrants must fully complete and submit all non-optional data requested on the Entry Form to be eligible. There is a limit of one (1) Initial Sweepstakes Entry per person using only one (1) valid email address for the duration of each Entry Sweepstakes Period.
BONUS ENTRIES : Upon the completion of an Initial Sweepstakes Entry, you will have the opportunity to log-in to your Twitter account and share on Twitter that you just entered the Sweepstakes by including #LittleFieldBigExperience and #Sweepstakes (“Hashtags”) in your post to receive ten (10) additional Sweepstakes entries (each, a “Bonus Entry”). The Hashtags must be included in your post in order for you to be eligible to receive a Bonus Entry.
ALTERNATE, MAIL-IN METHOD OF BONUS ENTRY : To receive the maximum of ten (10) Bonus Entries without sharing a post on Twitter, hand write your first and last name, street address, city, state, zip code, daytime telephone number (including area code), email address, and date of birth on a plain 3” x 5” piece of paper, and mail entry in a properly stamped envelope to: The Little Field Big Experience Promotion, MLB Advanced Media, L.P., 75 Ninth Avenue – 5th Floor, New York, NY 10011. All mail-in entries must be received in accordance with the chart in Section 4 of these Official Rules. Photocopied, computer generated facsimiles, mechanically reproduced, automated, mass mail-in entries will be void. Mail-in entries become property of the MLBAM and will not be acknowledged or returned.
There is a limit of ten (10) Bonus Entries per person using only one (1) email address throughout the Entry Sweepstakes Period, regardless of method used to obtain Bonus Entries.
- Sweepstakes Winner Determination: Weekly Sweepstakes Entry Periods and Weekly Prize Winner Selection/Notification: For each Weekly Sweepstakes Entry Period listed below, one (1) potential Sweepstakes Weekly Prize (as defined in Section 9 below) winner will be selected in an individual random drawing from among all eligible Initial Sweepstakes Entries and Bonus Entries received during the applicable Weekly Sweepstakes Entry Period by Administrator, an independent judging organization. Non-winning Initial Sweepstakes Entries and Bonus Entries received during each Weekly Sweepstakes Entry Period will carry forward and be included in subsequent Weekly Sweepstakes Entry Period drawings, if any. Odds of winning a Sweepstakes Weekly Prize will depend on the number of eligible Initial Sweepstakes Entries and Bonus Entries received for each Weekly Sweepstakes Entry Period. Limit one (1) Sweepstakes Weekly Prize per person, per household, and per valid email address. Drawings will be conducted in accordance with the table set forth below. The potential Sweepstakes Weekly Prize winners will be notified by telephone and/or email and may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and (where legal) Publicity Release within three (3) business days of date of issuance of notification.
Weekly Sweepstakes Entry Period (“EP”)
Mail-in Received by Deadline
4/2/19 – 4/9/19
4/10/19 – 4/16/19
4/17/19 – 4/23/19
4/24/19 – 4/30/19
5/1/19 – 5/7/19
5/8/19 – 5/14/19
Sweepstakes Finalist Selection/Notification: Six (6) potential Finalist Prize (as defined in Section 9 below) winners will be selected in a random drawing conducted by Administrator, on or about May 23, 2019 from among all the eligible Initial Sweepstakes Entries and Bonus Entries received during the Entry Sweepstakes Period. Odds of being selected as a Finalist Prize winner depend upon the total number of eligible Initial Sweepstakes Entries and Bonus Entries received during the Entry Sweepstakes Period. The potential Finalist Prize winners will be notified by telephone and/or email and will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and (where legal) Publicity Release within one (1) business day of date of issuance of required documents. By executing the required paperwork mentioned above, each Finalist represents that he/she has or will be able to secure permission from his/her Designated Field for purposes of participation in the Grand Prize. This includes the Designated Field’s ability to obtain the proper permits and abide by any applicable laws or regulations that may govern MLB/Scott’s ability to modify the Designated Field for purposes of fulfilling the Grand Prize. Once the above paperwork is received and verified, the Finalist Prize winners (“Finalists”) will have the opportunity to participate in the Contest as outlined below. Limit one (1) Finalist Prize per person, per household and per valid email address throughout the Promotion Period.
Non-compliance with the foregoing or with these Official Rules in any way, the inability to contact any potential winner, any potential winner’s rejection of his or her prize or return of prize or prize notification as non-deliverable may result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s discretion, the selecting of an alternate potential winner for the applicable prize by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received for the drawing at issue.
- Contest Submission: To participate in the Contest, the six (6) Finalists will be asked to submit a photo and essay explaining why their Designated Field should receive the Big League Experience (as defined below) (hereafter, the “Theme”) to Sponsor or Administrator in accordance with submission instructions provided during Finalist notification and verification and otherwise in accordance with these Official Rules. Photo must be current, original, and an unaltered image depicting the Theme. Essay must be under two hundred and fifty (250) words (including counting words such as “I”, “a”, etc.) and support the Theme depicted in the photo. Photo and Essay shall be collectively referred to hereafter as the “Contest Entry”. Sponsor or Administrator will provide Finalists with Contest Entry upload instructions via email. Contest Entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM ET on May 31, 2019 to be eligible. Limit one (1) Contest Entry per Finalist for the duration of the Contest Period. In case of multiple Entries from any one Finalist, only the first Contest Entry received will be accepted. All Contest Entries must meet the Contest Entry Requirements set forth below. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct the Contest with fewer than six (6) Finalists in the event an individual is not in compliance with the Official Rules, declines to participate in the Contest or does not submit his/her Contest Entry by the foregoing deadline. Contest Entries will be posted on the Site during the Voting Sweepstakes Period and the Contest Grand Prize winner will be determined in accordance with Section 6 below.
Contest Entry Requirements:
Photo must be an original work by the applicable Finalist, with no professional image editing software used. Photo must be in a JPG, JPEG or PNG file format, not exceeding 7MB in size. All Contest Entries must: 1) Be the original creation of the Finalist; 2) Not have won any type of previous recognition awards (regardless of compensation); 3) Not have been previously published or produced in any fashion other than for personal use (regardless of compensation); 4) Not infringe on any third-party rights; 5) Be suitable for publication as determined at the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor and MLB Entities; 6) Not contain other brands’ names; and 7) not include any of the following content: (i) pornography, adult-oriented content or any other sexually-explicit material; (ii) materials relating to lotteries or gambling; (iii) explicit language or content, reference to violence, or promotion of illegal activities; (iv) content in violation of intellectual property rights or laws; (v) libellous, defamatory, disparaging, tortious or slanderous materials; (vi) content that denigrates, disparages or reflects negatively on the Sponsor, the MLB Entities, their owners and employees, or the game of baseball; (vii) tobacco, e-cigarettes, alcohol or drugs; (viii) dangerous stunts or real weapons of any kind; (ix) material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age or any other basis protected by federal, state, territory, provincial or local law, ordinance, or regulation; (x) mention or depiction of individuals under legal age of majority without providing a signed release from parent or legal guardian; and (xi) material that is unlawful, or otherwise in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state/territory/province where the Contest Entry is created. Any Contest Entry deemed inappropriate, pornographic, lewd, offensive, inappropriate for any reason or otherwise in violation of these Official Rules, as determined at the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, will not be considered. Modification of an existing work does not qualify as original. In order to be entered into the Contest, the Finalist must comply with the Contest Entry instructions and must meet the eligibility criteria outlined above. Once submitted, a Contest Entry cannot be deleted, canceled, or modified.
By entering the Contest, each Finalist warrants and represents that his/her Contest Entry complies with the Entry Requirements, does not infringe upon the rights of any third party, including rights of privacy or publicity, and will not violate any federal, state or local laws or ordinances. Each Finalist further warrants and represents that he/she has secured the requisite consent from any third party referenced in his/her entry.
If the Contest Entry contains any material or elements that are not owned by the Finalist and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, the Finalist is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the Contest Entry, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the Contest Entry by Sponsor and MLB Entities in the manner set forth in these Official Rules, including, without limitation, name and likeness permissions from any person who appears in or is identifiable in the Contest Entry (and, if such person is a minor, minor must be the child/legal ward of Finalist and Finalist may be required to provide parental consent in a form acceptable by Sponsor and the MLB Entities). Sponsor and the MLB Entities reserve the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor and the MLB Entities from any Finalist at any time. Failure to provide such proof, if requested, may render Contest Entry null and void.
In exchange for the opportunity to participate in the Contest, each Finalist hereby grants the Sponsor and MLB Entities, without any limitation of any other rights granted herein, the right and license to use, edit, modify, publish and/or creative derivative works from the Contest Entry throughout the world, in perpetuity, for any purposes determined by Sponsor and/or the MLB Entities, including the perpetual and unlimited right to use the Contest Entry on the Site and via any other media now known or hereafter developed, without payment of any compensation or notification of any kind to entrant or his/her heirs or successor (“Grant”). Each Finalist agrees that Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Contest Entries by third parties. Released Parties do not guarantee the posting of any Contest Entry and may remove a posted Contest Entry at any time.
By submitting a Contest Entry, each Finalist acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor may obtain many submissions under this Contest and that such Contest Entries may be similar or identical in theme, idea, format or other respects to others submitted under this Contest and/or other Promotions staged and/or sponsored by any of the Released Parties, or to other ideas conceived by or provided to Sponsor and the MLB Entities and each Finalist waives any and all claims Finalist may have had, may have, and/or may have in the future, that other works accepted, reviewed and/or used by the Released Parties may be similar to his/her Contest Entry. Except where prohibited by law, each Finalist acknowledges and agrees that the Sponsor and the MLB Entities do not have now, nor shall they have in the future, any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of any copyright in and to Finalist’s Contest Entry or any other right related thereto.
Contest entrants warrant and represent that (1) Sponsor and designees shall own the Contest Entry (and all material and rights embodied therein) and that such Contest Entry will not be acknowledged or returned; and (2) that by entering, the Contest entrant irrevocably assigns to Sponsor and its designees any and all rights, title and interest in the Contest Entry including but not limited to all intellectual property rights; and (3) that, pursuant to the Grant above, Sponsor and its designees shall have, without limitation, the perpetual right worldwide to edit, adapt, modify, publish, exploit and use the Contest Entry in any way and in any and all media now known or hereinafter discovered or devised, world-wide for trade, advertising, promotional, public relations and/or other purposes as Sponsor and/or its designees may determine without further permission from, or notification or consideration to entrants or any third parties.
- Voting Sweepstakes Entry and Contest Vote: The table below sets forth the start and end date of each Weekly Voting Sweepstakes Period and applicable drawing dates.
Weekly Voting Sweepstakes Period
Start/End Dates/Times (all Weekly Entry Periods begin at 12:00:01 AM ET and end at 11:59:59 PM ET)
6/6/19 – 6/13/19
6/14/19 – 6/20/19
6/21/19 – 6/27/19
6/28/19 – 7/4/19
The Finalists’ Contest Entries will be posted on the Site during the Voting Sweepstakes Period and made available for voting purposes as described herein. Legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia (eighteen) 18 years of age (or the legal age of majority in their state/territory of residence, whichever is older) may visit the Site during the Voting Sweepstakes Period to review each of the Finalist Contest Entries and click on the applicable “Vote” button and submit the required entry form as prompted to cast their vote for the one (1) Finalist Contest Entry they think should be the Grand Prize winner. By submitting a vote and all requested information, an individual will receive one (1) entry in the applicable Weekly Voting Sweepstakes for a chance to win one (1) Voting Prize (as defined in Section 9 below). There is a limit of one (1) vote/entry per person per Weekly Voting Sweepstakes for a maximum of four (4) votes/entries per person throughout the Voting Sweepstakes Period.
- Weekly Voting Sweepstakes Drawing/Winner Notification: For each Weekly Voting Sweepstakes Period set forth in the table above, one (1) winner will be selected in an individual random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the applicable Weekly Voting Sweepstakes Period by Administrator, an independent judging organization. Non-winning entries received during each Weekly Voting Sweepstakes Period will carry forward to subsequent Weekly Voting Sweepstakes Period drawings, if any. Odds of winning a Weekly Voting Sweepstakes prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received for each Weekly Voting Sweepstakes. Drawings will conducted in accordance with the table set forth in Section 6 above. Potential Weekly Voting Sweepstakes winners will be notified by telephone and/or email and may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and (where legal) Publicity Release within one (1) business day of date of issuance of notification. Non-compliance with the foregoing or with these Official Rules in any way, the inability to contact any potential winner, any potential winner’s rejection of his or her prize or return of prize or prize notification as non-deliverable may result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s discretion, the selecting of an alternate potential winner for the applicable prize by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received for the drawing at issue.
- Determination of Contest Grand Prize Winner: The one (1) Contest Entry with the highest number of votes throughout the Voting Sweepstakes Period will be determined the Grand Prize winner, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. In the event of a tie during the Voting Sweepstakes Period, such tied Contest Entries will be judged (by a panel of judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) based on the following judging criteria: Relevance to Theme (0-100 points).
All vote counting will be conducted at the direction, and in the sole discretion, of the Sponsor. The use of automated devices (or any other devices intended to automate or subvert any aspect of entry or voting or any other procedure that subverts the contest process) to cast a vote is prohibited and any vote through such means will, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, be void. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void any votes of entrants whom Sponsor believes has attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Contest or is in violation of these Official Rules. Eligible Finalists are prohibited from obtaining votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
On/about 7/8/19 the potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by telephone and/or email. The potential Grand Prize winner will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and (where legal) Publicity Release within one (1) business day of date of issuance of notification. Non-compliance with the foregoing or with these Official Rules in any way, the inability to contact the potential Grand Prize winner or return of prize or prize notification as non-deliverable may result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s discretion, the awarding of the prize to the next runner-up.
Sweepstakes “Weekly Prizes” (6) Available (One (1) per Weekly Sweepstakes Entry Period): Each Weekly Prize winner will receive two (2) tickets for winner and one (1) guest to attend a 2019 regular season MLBgame of winner’s choice, subject to MLBAM approval and availability, and one (1) $25 MLBShop.com gift card. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Weekly Prize package: $175. Terms and conditions apply to game tickets, as set forth in “Game Ticket Details” below. Terms, conditions and restrictions on gift card may apply, as designated by issuer.
Voting Sweepstakes Period Prizes (4) Available (One (1) per Weekly Voting Sweepstakes): Each Weekly Voting Sweepstakes winner will receive two (2) tickets to one (1) regular season MLB game of winner’s choice, subject to MLBAM approval and availability, and one (1) $25 MLBShop.com gift card. ARV of each Weekly Voting Prize package: $175. Terms and conditions apply to game tickets, as set forth in “Game Ticket Details” below. Terms, conditions and restrictions on gift card may apply, as designated by issuer.
“Finalist Prizes” Available (6): Each Finalist Prize winner will receive four (4) tickets for winner and up to three (3) guests to attend a 2019 regular season MLB game of winner’s choice, subject to MLBAM approval and availability. ARV of each Finalist Prize package: $300.Terms and conditions apply to game tickets, as set forth in “Game Ticket Details” below.
Contest “Grand Prize”: (1): The Grand Prize winner will receive the opportunity for his/her Designated Field to host and receivea “Big League Experience.” ARV of Grand Prize: $175,000. The Big League Experience shall be comprised of a “makeover” to be conducted for a baseball or softball game to take place between two (2) pre-registered youth baseball or two (2) pre-registered youth softball teams who normally use the Designated Field, such teams to be approved by Sponsor, such that the Designated Field, temporarily, has the look and feel of a professional game. The competing youth teams must be in the same age group and between ages 10-18. Equipment provided for the makeover to be determined by MLB/Scotts in their sole discretion and will take into account items already owned by or accessible to the field and required for scheduled events and the game. Participation in the Big League Experience by any youth team member will be subject to Sponsor’s receipt of signed releases from such member’s parent or legal guardian, as such releases are issued by Sponsor. Equipment provided for the temporary makeover will be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor. Grand Prize is subject to applicable laws, rules, regulations and approval(s) of the applicable jurisdiction(s) and authorities. Each local municipality or baseball or softball non-profit organization will be responsible for complying with all such laws, rules and regulations and obtaining the necessary approvals of the applicable jurisdiction(s) and authorities. Any costs and expenses to secure such approvals and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use will be the responsibility of the Designated Field or its local municipality or baseball or softball non-profit organization. Any portion of the Grand Prize ARV not used will not be awarded. If at any time in the fulfillment and consultation process, any part of the Big League Experience is determined to be unfeasible or cannot be awarded consistent with the terms of these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor or MLBAM, and/or the representative of the applicable local municipality or baseball or softball non-profit organization, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify the Grand Prize winner. In the event any Grand Prize winner, or the applicable local municipality or baseball or softball non-profit organization, is disqualified, prize will be forfeited, and an alternate baseball or softball non-profit may be selected from among all remaining non-winning eligible entries. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Grand Prize winner’s Designated Field is subject to Sponsor’s approval. If there is no baseball or softball non-profit in a Grand Prize winner’s community, Sponsor reserves the right to identify another baseball or softball non-profit to receive the Grand Prize in its sole discretion.
Game Ticket Details : Seat locations at any Major League Baseball game and exact game/event/exhibition date shall be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor. For each winner receiving Major League Baseball tickets, such winner’s guest(s) must be of legal age of majority in his/her(their) jurisdiction(s) of residence (and at least eighteen (18) years of age), unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Major League Baseball games, events and exhibition dates and times are determined in the sole discretion of the BOC and/or the applicable Club, as applicable, and may be subject to change. The terms and conditions of the tickets awarded as part of any prize will govern in the event a legal game, event or exhibition, as defined by Major League Baseball, is not played or held, as applicable, due to weather conditions, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance or any other reason. Each winner and his/her guest(s) agree to comply with all applicable ballpark and venue, as applicable, regulations in connection with the prize. Sponsor and the applicable MLB Entities reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to any winner and/or his/her guest(s) who engage(s) in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the game, event or exhibition. Released Parties will not be responsible for weather conditions, Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of any Major League Baseball game, event or exhibition. Major League Baseball game, event and exhibition tickets awarded as prizes may not be resold or offered for resale or used for any commercial or promotional purpose whatsoever. Any such resale or commercial or promotional use may result in disqualification and prize forfeiture, and may invalidate the license granted by the game, event or exhibition ticket(s).
For all prizes : NO TRANSPORTATION TO/FROM GAME, LODGING OR ANY OTHER EVENT IS INCLUDED AS PART OF ANY PRIZE. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Each prize recipient is fully responsible for any and all applicable federal, state and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes). All costs and expenses associated with the prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, including but not limited to lodging, transportation costs, meals, gratuities and other expenses incurred by accepting the prize, are the sole responsibility of each individual winner. The prizes are non-transferable and non-assignable, with no cash redemptions, except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any Prize (or any portion thereof) with a prize of comparable or greater value at its sole and absolute discretion. Major League Baseball game and event dates and times are determined in the sole discretion of the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball and may be subject to change. Total ARV of all prizes available to be awarded: $178,550.
- Miscellaneous: Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are not permitted and all such entries will be void. Entries by any means which subvert the entry process will be void. Incomplete entries are void. Participants who enter via the Site may be given the option to receive (a) commercial e-mails from Sponsor and/or MLBAM and/or (b) mobile text messages and updates from Sponsor however, eligibility to participate in the Promotion is not dependent upon entrant’s consent to receive such e-mails and/or mobile text messages and updates and consenting to receive such e-mails and/or mobile text messages and updates does not impact entrant’s chances of winning. By entering this Promotion, each entrant gives his/her express permission to be contacted by the Administrator, Sponsor and/or the MLB Entities for Promotion purposes. Released Parties and Twitter, Inc. are not responsible for lost, incomplete, late, postage due, damaged, inaccurate, misdirected, garbled, or undelivered entries or e-mail; failures or malfunctions of phones, phone lines or telephone systems; lost entries or transmissions; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission, transaction processing, or communication; interrupted or unavailable network, cable, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP), server or other connections including those through and/or by any website; miscommunications, failed computer hardware or software or technical failures; non-delivery; misdirected, blocked, or delayed e-mail notifications; garbled, misrouted or scrambled transmissions; printing, typographical or other errors appearing within these Official Rules, in any Promotion-related advertisements or other materials; or other errors or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human, telephone, electronic, network, mail or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Promotion, including, without limitation, the cancellation or postponement of any game, event or exhibition, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the processing of entries, e-mail and/or the announcement of any prize. Administrator, Sponsor and MLBAM reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to void any and all entries of an entrant who Administrator, Sponsor or MLBAM believes has attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Promotion or who is otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. The use of automated entry or similar devices to participate or subvert the entry process is prohibited and all entries through such devices are void. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any entrant, such entrant will be deemed, to be the “authorized account holder” of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry provided he/she is eligible according to these Official Rules. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., a business, educational institution, etc.) which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Proof (to Administrator’s satisfaction) of being the authorized account holder may be required by Administrator.
Winners receiving a prize valued over $600 will be required to complete an IRS Form W9 and provide S/S number for tax reporting purposes. No transfer, assignment, cash redemption, or substitution of any prize (or portion thereof) is permitted except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute the prize (or applicable portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Entrants agree, by entering, that 1) Sponsor, the MLB Entities and each of their designees may use (unless prohibited by law), entrant’s name, city and state of residence, photograph, any recording (voice, film or video), and/or likeness for advertising, trade and/or any other purposes in any media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without further compensation, permission or notification, and 2) the Released Parties and Twitter, Inc. shall have no liability and will be held harmless by entrant for any claim, action, liability, loss, injury or damage to entrant or any other person or entity, including, without limitation, personal injury or death to entrant or any other person or damage to personal or real property and claims of copyright or trademark infringement or infringement of rights of publicity or privacy, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize or Contest Entry or participation in this Promotion. Sponsor and MLBAM reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to modify, suspend, and/or terminate this Promotion (or portion thereof) for any reason, including should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Promotion and, in the case of termination, at its discretion, select the sweepstakes winner(s) in a random drawing (and for the Contest, notify the next runner up) from eligible non-suspect entries received prior to the event that required such termination. By participating in the Promotion, each participant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and to the decisions of the Administrator, Sponsor and judges, which will be final and binding in all respects. CAUTION: Any attempt to deliberately damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made; the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages (including attorneys’ fees) and/or other remedies from any such person(s) responsible for the attempt to the fullest extent permitted by law.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION IN ANY WAY, OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION, MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, ADMINISTRATOR, SPONSOR, THE MLB ENTITIES AND/OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS WILL DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRANT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT AND RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK ANY AND ALL REMEDIES AVAILABLE FROM ANY SUCH PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW.
- Arbitration: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Promotion, entrant agrees that 1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the entrant; 2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and 3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Promotion), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Choice of Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of New York, USA.
- Winners List: For the names of the winners (available after 8/20/19), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by 8/27/19, to: The Little Field Big Experience Promotion Winners, MLB Advanced Media, L.P., 75 Ninth Avenue – 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10011.
- Sponsor: Scotts Company, LLC, 14111 Scottslawn Road, Marysville, OH 43041
- Administrator: teamDigital Promotions, Inc., 6 Berkshire Blvd., Bethel, CT 06801 www.teamDigital.com.
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Twitter.
Major League Baseball trademarks, service marks and copyrights are proprietary to the MLB Entities. All rights reserved.